Thursday, March 13, 2014

The "talk big" love story ;)

March 13, 2014

First love, first confessions and first crushes! We all remember them. Somewhere in the back roads of our memory, they lay untouched. This is a short story- some may call it a script- about Leo and Itxaro’s love. A relationship that is too shy for even words like theirs’, is explained in this passage of lines. Leo, an introvert and passive character finds support in Itxaro; the bold, wise and beautiful. Read away as these two pour out their “fears” on their journey to finding love.


The "talk big" love story ;)





"Leo?"
"Yeah?"
"Why are you always so quiet?"
" I talk less."
"That's a circular argument."
"So?"
"Geez! Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed!"
"Just a bad day okay."
"Like every day? Why do you take the crap people leave you to deal with?"
"It's okay. They're my family."
"No it's not okay. You stay silent and weird and lost and they mess up with you and I don't like it."
"Ha-ha. Thanks but I have you. You're there to cheer me up and deal with me. Aren't you?"
"I am, but that still doesn't change much you know?"
"I know. But you are my hope to a happy and crazy day. Now talk about something else."
"Fine! Heard of the word floccinauxinihipilification?" 
"What?" 
"Flocci- nauxi- nihi- pili- fication."
"You're crazy! Can you even spell it?"
"F-L-O-C-C-I-N-A-U-X-I-N-I-H-I-P-I-L-I-F-I-C-A-T-I-O-N. That wasn't too hard."
"I don't get it. What's with you and weird words? I mean, look at your own name. No one is going to know that Itxaro is a girl's name."
"Once again, its said as aah- iktaro and not iks-zaro. It means hope. Hey, you know you could name yourself Lyov?" 
"And why would I do that?"
"Lyov is an alternative name for Lev. Lev is a Russian name. U are Russian, and so u should know it is an alternate name for Leo. Which, I would hope you know, is your own name. Then fact 2 is that you were born on August 14, makes you a Leo. And final fact is that people with the name Lyov have their lucky number as 5, which amazingly is the sum of your birthday! Oh what a lovely coincidence eh? Oh and did you also know.."
"..It's pronounced as Lyof. Yes I knew that."
"Hehehe. Yes its said as Lyof."
"So you research on names along with their numerology, in your free time? That is interesting."
"No I research on only things I find interesting!"
"So you find me interesting!" 
"I just might. Who knows!? "
"Hmmmm. Good to know."
"Is it?”
"Yeah, it's good to know that you find me interesting."
"Describe it to me."
"Describe what?"
"How is it good?"
"I don't know. It just is." 
"Oh. Okay. Leo? Heard of Doxophobia?"
"No. Now tell me genius, what is doxophobia the fear of?"
"Fear of expressing one's thoughts."
"And what exactly are you implying from that?" 
"No-othing..."
"I wish you had symbolophobia. It would keep things more simple for me." (Fear of symbolism)
"Aww not bad, you know your phobias well."
"Yes that's what happens when I observe you all day."
"I have Scopophobia okay! Stop staring at me!" (Fear of being seen or stared at)
"Really? Or is it just Erythrophobia?" (Fear of blushing)
"Nah its Soteriophobia" (Fear of dependence on others)
"Ok I'm done! You are going to give me Nomatophobia" (Fear of names)
"See, like I said, you just might have doxophobia! Or is it Caligynephobia?"
"What's this Calin- whatever phobia you speak of?"
"Fear of beautiful women you know!"
"Pfft! Oh please,you think I find you beautiful?"
"I know you do. That is exactly why you're reaction was so prompt"
"Dude I do not have Calin..Ca-al--lin..."
"..gyne."
"Yeah Calingynephobia!"
"Oh so its just Philophobia! The fear of love of falling in love.Just saying!?"
"Yeah right!"  
*Itxaro just smirks!*
"What? What you looking at? You should have shyboyophobia. The fear of boys who are shy!"
"Is that even a phobia?"
"It now is."
"Well you are kinda true! If I do have shyboyophobia, I may not have to deal with you. BUt you know, even with that annoying little face you got something. Something like.. "
"A charm? A charisma? A pizzaz? A magnetism? An appeal? An allure?"
"Sure! Call it all of that. But whatever it is, it gets on you!"
"Hmmm that’s  good to know."
"Yeah, for me too!"
"How?"
"Seriously? You wanna start this again?"
"Why not? I'm spending time with someone I love. It helps me overcome my 'doxophobia' right?"
"Wow where did that emotion come from?"
"I can tell you if you stay. I'll help you overcome your philophobia."
"Me? I don't even have philophobia okay!"
"Dear Lord! You talk so much! Your name should have been Lalage. Its a Greek name for talkative."
"So that means you would be Lelio, a latin name for talkative!"
*shrugs* "I give up. You are too random to argue with."
"Hehehhehe does that make me cute? C'mon Leo say it already."
"Itxaro,as in hope. That is all I will say." 


Few words:

Personally as a reader, I’m not a fan of love stories. They are predictable and frequently cliché. Boy meets girl, girl meets boy, and they find each other different and fall in love! Most often, people miss out on the magic! What about the simple little conversations that makes them different? What about all the crazy inside jokes and bits of emotional fluxes that connect them. The fairy dust and the pixie woven strings that attach two people, start from conversation. And this powerful tool called “words”, is what I think is worth mentioning. 

8 comments:

  1. Something utterly different....Something that catches hold of the reader....u have to read it!* and this script has caught hold of that little romantic glimpse in a relationship...words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dhvani. Really appreciate the time put put into reading this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is utterly fantastic! Now in this world, love stories often only focus on the genetics of the relationship, not the actual bonding… This story tells us that relationships are not just boy meets girl, girl meets boy, and they fall in love. No. This story tells us a sweet change of events, instead of just making out or whatnot- they are TALKING… something that many people miss out on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sophie. That is precisely what I feel too and wanted to highlight the very same "moments" in this story :)

      Delete
  4. This write up of yours mesmerized me .....it is expressed in an altogether different way which enthralls me to the core .....there is some magic in what you write maybe its the sincerity whatever it is it gives your stuff a special touch.
    Love it.....
    Keep writing....
    And inspiring people

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its awesome. Different is beautiful and so is this.

    ReplyDelete